Side-event IAEA «Closing the Nuclear Fuel Cycle — The Way to a Circular Economy»
Closing the nuclear fuel cycle has long been considered as a way to ensure an essentially unlimited nuclear fuel resources, through fuel breeding in fast reac- tors. This event will show that nuclear power is not only carbon free but also has features of renewables in that nuclear fuel could be reused.
This event is organized by the Russian Federation. This virtual event will be held on Wednesday, 28 September 2022, from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
Event is contributed by presentations from:
– State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM on the «Proryv» Project; – IAEA on the results of the FR22;
– the representative of the People’s Republic of China;
– the representative of the Republic of India;
– INPRO Section on the Step forward project;
– the representatives of Russia universities on the training of specialists to work on 4th generation reactors.
link to connect: