Side-event IAEA «Closing the Nuclear Fuel Cycle — The Way to a Circular Economy»
Closing the nuclear fuel cycle has long been considered as a way to ensure an essentially unlimited nuclear fuel resources, through fuel breeding in fast reactors. This event will show that nuclear power is not only carbon free but also has features of renewables in that nuclear fuel could be reused.
This event is organized by the Russian Federation.
This virtual event will be held on Wednesday, 28 September 2022, from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
Program of the event:
– Presentation by the representative of Rosatom State Corporation on the “Proryv” Project
– Statement by IAEA representative on the results of FR22
– Speech by the representative of the People’s Republic of China
– Statement by the representative of the Republic of India
– Statement by INPRO representative on the Step forward project
– Presentation of representatives of higher educational institutions of Russia on the training of specialists to work on 4th generation reactors.
link to connect: